Tapestry Senior Housing Management, LLC provides management for assisted living and memory care facilities nationally. The management company is part of an integrated group of affiliated companies that provide the full spectrum of management, development, development coordination, construction management and ownership representation services for a wide array of product types for both renovations and new construction. Affiliated companies included LaSalle Group, Regent Communities and Crown Senior Living, LLC.
Third Party Builders
As Tapestry is involved in real estate development and management nationally, the internal construction management team at Tapestry works with third party builders familiar with local trades, which generate the most cost-effective budgets. Typically, the selected builder has offices in the city in which the project is located. Each third party builder provides:
- Guaranteed Maximum Contract
- Delayed Completion Penalty Agreement
- Payment and Performance Bond
The experience of the Tapestry staff in conjunction with experienced third party local builders and rigid third party builder agreements insure the projects will be completed on budget and on time. Selected third party builders with whom Tapestry/LaSalle have worked include:
Roy Anderson Construction Company
Rudolf & Sletten
Kraus Anderson Construction
JE Dunn Construction
St. Louis, MO
Roy Anderson Construction Company and Rudolf & Sletten were acquired by Tutor Perini Corporation.
Letters of Reference
Mr. LaSalle and or Tapestry staff can provide numerous references from builders and architects regarding project planning, financial accountability, construction expertise and value engineering through a structured programmed approach for each project.
Ownership Representation, Construction Management and Development Coordination Assignments
The firm also has significant experience operating in the capacity as Ownership Representative and or Construction Management Representative. Selected clients include:
- University of Minnesota-New Construction, Minneapolis, MN
- Edinborough Mixed Use Project-New Construction, Edina, MN
- Dominican Sisters Monastery, Columbus, OH
- Nauvoo Benedictine Sisters, Rock Island, IL
- Bethel College, St. Paul, MN
- Barrier Free Living, Chicago, IL
- Group Health Senior Cooperative, Seattle, WA
- Dominican Life Center-Adrian Dominican Sisters-Renovation, Adrian, MI
- Marquette Plaza Office Renovation, Minneapolis, MN
- Children’s Theatre Company Renovation, Minneapolis, MN
- Gateway Plaza Renovation, Minneapolis, MN
- Colonial Church of Edina, Edina, MN
- Running Aces Harness Track, Columbus, MN
- Little Earth of United Tribes Housing Corporation, Minneapolis, MN
- Nokomis Square Senior Cooperative-208 Units, Minneapolis, MN
- Bremer Elementary School Renovation, Minneapolis, MN
- YMCA of Minneapolis Gym & Aquatics Center-120,000 SF, Minneapolis, MN
- Andover Community Center New Construction-40,000SF, Andover, MN
- YMCA of Minneapolis Gym, Aquatics Center & Exercise Facilities, Elk River, MN
- YMCA of Minneapolis Gym, Aquatics Center & Exercise Facilities, Prior Lake, MN
- Regent at Burnsville Assisted Living and Memory Care, Burnsville, MN
- Regent at Plymouth-Summerhill Assisted Living and Memory Care, Plymouth, MN
University of Minnesota Ownership Representation/Construction Management Assignments
- U of MN Enterprise Labs Commercial/Wet Labs Renovation-136,224 SF, St. Paul, MN
- U of MN Office & Chiller Plant-IT District Offices Renovation, Minneapolis, MN
- U of MN Office Space & Labs-Haecker Hall Historic Building Renovation-58,000 SF, Minneapolis, MN
- U of MN Mechanical Engineering-Demolition & New Construction-95,000 SF, Minneapolis, MN
- U of MN Laboratory Renovation, Minneapolis, MN
- U of MN Office Gateway Tenant Space-New Construction-100,000 SF, Minneapolis, MN
- U of MN Office & Exhibition Facilities McNamara Alumni Center-229,000 SF, Minneapolis, MN
- U of MN Office Spaces -New Construction-40,000 SF, Minneapolis, MN
- U of MN Parking Ramp-500 Spaces, Minneapolis, MN
- U of MN University Avenue Parking Ramp Connectors, Minneapolis, MN
- U of MN Tunnels & Skyway New Construction-400 Lineal Feet, Minneapolis, MN
- U of MN Michael Weisman Art Museum Expansion & New Construction-10,000 SF, Minneapolis, MN
- U of MN McNamara Gateway Alumni Center-260,000 SF, Minneapolis, MN
McNamara Gateway Alumni Center-U of MN-226,000 SF New Construction
The building was completed in 1999 at a cost of $46,000,000. Tenants include the University Alumni Association, MN Medical Foundation and miscellaneous administrative offices. An important aspect of the design and development is the 3,000 SF Heritage Gallery, which houses a long-term exhibition showcasing the history and achievements of the University. The Center is an award-winning building that has proven to be very popular with user groups throughout the country. With the completion of the original building, the company continues to work with the University of Minnesota and recently completed a 30,000 square foot addition to the building.
McNamara Gateway Alumni Center-U of MN
Regent at Burnsville Assisted Living, Memory Care and Care Suites, Burnsville, MN
Principals of Tapestry operated in the capacity of owner, developer and manager of this 134-unit senior housing facility. A third party local builder was retained by the company. The builder provided a Payment and Performance Bond, completed the project on time and within budget. The project was financed internally with owner equity utilizing the HUD 232 program. It was completed in 2005 and sold during the stabilization period in 2007.
Regent at Burnsville Assisted Living, Care Suites and Memory Care
The Children’s Theatre Company, Minneapolis, MN
Affiliates of Tapestry operated as the owner representative and project coordinator for The Children’s Theatre Company during the renovation of their existing facilities and the new construction expansion of approximately 60,000 feet. The company coordinated the entire design and construction phases on behalf of The Children’s Theatre, providing financial performance monitoring and ensuring compliance with all programmatic and operational imperatives. Construction began in 2003 with completion of all construction activities in 2005.
Children’s Theater Company
Edinborough Mixed Use Project-Development Coordinator, Edina, MN
- Edinborough is an innovative and distinctive 26-acre mixed-use project located Edina, Minnesota.
- Project completed in 1987 at a cost of $70,000,000
- Condominiums-392 Units
- Office Building-100,000 SF
- Senior Housing-203 Units-Operated in capacity of HUD Mortgagee
- Hawthorne Suites Hotel-150 Rooms
- Edina Glass Enclosed City Park-One-Acre (city offices, waterfall, swimming pool, ice rink and amphitheater)
Edinborough Mixed-Use Project
University Enterprise Laboratories, St. Paul, MN
University Enterprise Laboratories (UEL) is a nonprofit organization formed to provide early-stage bioscience companies with laboratory space and related infrastructure. UEL was founded by the University of Minnesota Foundation and the University of Minnesota with support from the City of St. Paul and several Minnesota-based corporations. UEL purchased an existing warehouse/office building at 1000 Westgate Drive in St. Paul from the City of St. Paul and converted it to office and incubator lab space for approximately 50 tenants.
UEL retained LaSalle Group to negotiate the purchase of the building from the City of St. Paul to include the related development agreement and financial assistance package. The company also assisted UEL in all aspects of the redesign and remodeling of the building and in working with the contractor, Kraus Anderson, in establishing reasonable and achievable construction phasing and budgets. Other responsibilities involved meeting with prospective tenants and in negotiating lease terms. The company also provided construction monitoring activities on the behalf of UEL, which included representing UEL at all construction meetings, reviewing all change orders and requests for payments, and overseeing the punch list and substantial completion processes. The project was completed in fall, 2005. LaSalle currently manages the UEL building.
University Enterprise Laboratories
St. Mary Monastery – Nauvoo Benedictine Sisters, Rock Island, Il.
The company served as Owner Representative to the Sisters throughout the 3-1/2 year design and construction process for the St. Mary Monastery guest/retreat house campus project in Rock Island, Illinois.
The company’s involvement in this unique project undertaken by the Benedictine Sisters included:
- Site selection and site planning
- Coordination of the entire design, bidding processes and construction teams
- Programming all building spaces, coordinating the design
- Closely monitoring all construction stage
These buildings encompass approximately 80,000 square feet and include dining and central kitchen facilities, a worship space, several types and sizes of community space, administrative offices and guest quarters. The range of housing arrangements includes independent living, assisted care, and nursing-level care. The decision was made to sell the original property and relocate to the Quad Cities. The team assisted the Sisters in the sale of their property to the Church of Latter Day Saints, the identification and the purchase of their 90-acre site located in Rock Island, Illinois. The Monastery consists of 44 bedrooms, central kitchen and dining facilities, a chapel, meeting rooms, library, and archive. In addition, the project included a 12-bedroom guest/retreat house. Russell Construction, Bettendorf, Iowa served as the builder.
St. Mary Monastery
The Dominican Life Center-Adrian Dominican Sisters-Renovation, Adrian, MI
The company operated as Construction Consultant, Owner Representative and Manager. The project included 75 assisted living units, Motherhouse renovation, various supportive services and a 50 bed skilled nursing facility. Tax Exempt 501(c) (3) Bonds were utilized.
Dominican Life Center
Marquette Plaza, Minneapolis, MN
- Completion Date-January 2002
- Project Cost-$60,000,000
- Construction Cost-$33,000,000
LaSalle Group represented the owner through the construction process, which include demolition and abatement work. Approximately 386,000 was renovated, with an addition of 184,000 square feet for a total of 570,000 SF of new office space. Marquette Plaza is only LEED Platinum Certified office building located in the Minneapolis St. Paul metropolitan area.
Marquette Plaza Renovation
Bethel University New Sophomore Residence Hall, St. Paul, MN
An affiliate of Tapestry was owner representative for Bethel University for the design and construction of a new 288-bed, four-story residence hall located on its Arden Hills, Minnesota campus. Services included representing Bethel in the selection of the design and construction teams, pre-construction services including design plan review, establishment of an overall project budget, financing reporting formats, and extensive value engineering input. The company also assisted in obtaining zoning, watershed approvals and permits. Construction period responsibilities included coordinating the weekly meetings of the architect and contractor, generally observing construction to assure its adherence to plans and project schedule, review of all construction draws, field orders and change orders. Monthly meetings were conducted concerning budget and schedule issues. The company also provided post-construction period responsibilities including monitoring all construction close-out activities, punch list compilation, which insured a smooth transition from construction completion to student occupancy in the fall of 2005. Total construction cost was approximately $14,500,000.
Bethel University New Sophomore Residence Hall
Silver Glen Senior Residences, Bellevue, Washington
Company affiliates operated as a consultant to Group Health Cooperative (GHC) to assist them in the formation of Silver Glen Cooperative, a 120-unit senior cooperative. GHC provides medical services to the members of the Cooperative to promote strong health maintenance and reduce the use of other GHC facilities by Cooperative members. Tapestry affiliates provided development, marketing, and management services in the Silver Glen project that was 100% sold before construction completion. Occupants are retired seniors primarily from the Seattle/Bellevue area.
Silver Glen Cooperative
University of Minnesota Mechanical Engineering Building, Minneapolis, MN
LaSalle Group represented the University of Minnesota during the demolition, renovation and reconstruction of the southeast wing of the Mechanical Engineering Facility. The project consists of demolition and reconstruction of 73,000 square feet of the existing facility and construction of a new facility. Located under the new facility is a district maintenance office of 15,000 square feet and a chilled water processing station of approximately 6,000 square feet. The project was completed in 2000 at a cost of $23,000,000.
Completion Date: 2000
University of MN Mechanical Engineering Building
Seasons at Maplewood Assisted Living, Memory Care and Care Suites, Maplewood, MN
Principals of Tapestry operated in the capacity of owner, developer of this 150-unit senior housing facility. Responsibilities included site identification, completion of architectural and engineering drawings, municipal approvals, procurement of the HUD 232 financing commitment, FF& E coordination and finalizing the budget with a third party builder. The “turnkey” property was sold to a private equity group in 2009. The facility is now completed and stabilized.
Seasons at Maplewood Assisted Living, Memory Care and Care Suites
Seasons at Apple Valley Assisted Living, Memory Care and Care Suites, Apple Valley, MN
Principals of Tapestry operated in the capacity of owner, developer of this 134-unit senior housing facility. Responsibilities included site identification, completion of architectural and engineering drawings, municipal approvals, procurement of the HUD 232 financing commitment, FF& E coordination and finalizing the budget with a third party builder. The “turnkey” property was sold to a private equity group in 2009. The facility is now completed and stabilized.
Seasons at Apple Valley
Harness Racing Park/Gaming, Columbus, MN
Throughout the design and construction period to opening day, LaSalle Group was Owner Representative/Construction Manager to the ownership group of Southwest Casinos and MTR Gaming in the creation of this development, which included harness track, barns to house over 300 horses, grandstand with a restaurant and bar, meeting space, and poker/blackjack card room. The company coordinated all agreements with Anoka County and obtained a license from the State of Minnesota Racing Commission. The firm also coordinated all approvals with the City of Columbus for building standards, highway access, zoning, and environmental approvals.
Owner Representative/Construction Manager Responsibilities
- Project manager of the programming, design, and construction
- Oversight of the entire project team
- Supervised all aspects of the property from the earliest stages of planning through opening day
- Project construction coordination
- Responsible for construction administration, the preparation of draw requests, and the collection of lien waivers
- Oversaw assembly of records and distribution of information
Southwest Casino and Hotel Corporation | James Druck, President
General Contractor: Kraus Anderson | Jamie Engelsma, Project Manager | 651-291-7088
Project Architect: KKE Architects | Ron Erickson, Principal | 612-336-9631
Original Completion Date: April 2008
Actual Completion Date: April 2008 Deviations: None
Original Budget: $60 million
Final Cost: $60 million
Running Aces Racing Park/Gaming, Columbus, MN